Friday, September 4, 2020

Only In America, Living The Dream, Vol 03, Nr 05

Only in America could my Life Story have been possible. God has blessed me and my family. We rose from abject poverty and climbed several rungs up the Socioeconomic Ladder. 

Trying to write a book about my life is like trying to describe the landscape by looking out the window of a moving train. The events continue to unfold faster than one can describe them. My life is a work in progress. 
Only in America can a family escape poverty in one generation. America is unique. God has blessed America. I rose from abject poverty and climbed several rungs up the Socioeconomic Ladder. I was the first person in my family to complete high school, college and graduate school.  
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CXCJ9N9/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Only+in+America%2C+Living+the+Dream+by+Judge+London+Steverson&qid=1594706308&s=books&sr=1-1#reader_B08CXCJ9N9
Living in America is not always  “peaches and cream”, if you are a Person of Color (POC). Life is not a Rose Garden for Black People no matter how well off you are economically. America can appear to be a Police State for a POC. Just going about your normal daily activities anywhere in America, chances are you are going to come into contact with police and other law enforcement personnel.  
 I have had many encounters with white cops. Most of them have been pleasant, some not so pleasant. It did not matter what I was wearing or the time of day, it was the character and education of the cop that determined how the situation was resolved. Sometimes I was wearing my military officers' uniform, other times I was wearing a suit and tie, but the manner that I was treated usually was determined by how comfortable the cop felt in dealing with a POC. I have been disrespected. I have been insulted. I have received Traffic Tickets. I have never been hand-cupped. I have never been arrested. I have never been beaten like Rodney King in California.
Religion was an integral part of our lives. We were taught to pray as soon as we learned to talk. We talked to Jesus and thanked Him for our Blessings. It started with saying Grace before our meals. We would not dare touch the food before it had been “blessed” by the Head of the Household.
 I am a Storyteller. This is my story. It is my Life. Looking back, I am convinced that God was in charge of my Life. He guided me as a Father would guide his child. He protected me when I ventured off the straight and narrow path. He endowed me with the Power of Choice and placed me in a Country where I had the Freedom To Choose. I am happy with the choices I made.    
(Visit Amazon Author's Page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B006WQKFJM

       
 amazon.com/author/cgachall.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment